Orlando Contempt and Enforcement Lawyer

Avoid Contempt and Its Consequences. Contact our Attorney Today.

During a divorce, there are a number of agreements that become part of the divorce decree. If any portion of the agreement is not followed, the spouse or parent in violation could be charged with civil contempt. Contempt can result in fines and jail time.

Areas of divorce and family law matters that are enforceable by contempt include:

  • Support orders (child support or alimony)
  • Child custody orders or timesharing plans
  • Attorney fees and court cost orders
  • Division of property court orders
  • Injunctions for protection or restraining orders
  • Failure to disclose income, assets or liabilities

The two most common orders that result in enforcement actions and could result in contempt if violated are support orders and timesharing orders. Failure to pay child support or violations of timesharing plans can result in contempt - including jail. If you are facing charges of contempt, our Orlando attorney is ready to help you.

Put 25+ Years of Experience on Your Side

We have more than 25 years of experience and can help you with a number of enforcement or contempt issues.

Our team can help defend you in contempt cases by:

  • Filing an emergency motion to force compliance with child support payments
  • Obtaining a modification of a child support determination for cases
  • Filing an emergency motion to force compliance with the timesharing plan

If the court determines that you are violating the terms of your divorce decree, the judge can order you to make up time that you missed or award more parenting time to the other party.

Fight Back Against Parental Alienation

Books have been written about parental alienation and cases are working their way into the Florida family law legal system. Parental alienation can be subtle. If one parent hates the ex-spouse and conveys these feelings to the children, even through unspoken means, parental alienation could result. The judge could award the hated ex-spouse additional time with the children if the parent is found to be alienating the other parent.

Our Orlando lawyer is available 24/7 to assist you. Call our firm at (407) 603-3460 to start.

Why Hire Our Orlando
Family Law Attorney?

  • (+) 25+ years of trusted legal service
  • (+) Trial-tested skill to represent you in court if necessary
  • (+) Available to meet with you on weekends
  • (+) Large firm experience at a small firm price
  • (+) Accessible 24/7 by phone to answer your questions

Contact Us Today

Send My Information