Child Custody & Support Modifications

Orlando Modification Lawyer

Adjusting Child Custody & Support After Divorce

After a divorce or separation, it is important to establish a parenting plan that outlines child custody, child support, and visitation guidelines. However, circumstances change, and the parenting plan may need to be modified to reflect those changes. At R. Gregory Colvin, LLC, our Orlando lawyer helps clients throughout Central Florida to modify or enforce their parenting plans. We strive to deliver solutions that are personalized, effective, and in line with your long-term goals.

Start with a free initial case evaluation to discuss your modification request.

Grounds for an Order Modification

When parenting plans are created, they are created in response to a parent's existing situation. If a substantial change occurs in one parent's life or circumstances, they might have grounds to request a modification to the child custody or child support agreement.

There are numerous things that can cause the need for modification, including:

  • Loss of job
  • Promotion or substantial raise in salary
  • Remarriage or cohabitation
  • Relocation
  • Severe illness

Conversely, if a modification might be requested from the other spouse if they believe a significant change in their ex's circumstances is endangering the child. If you have a current child custody or support arrangement and want to make sure your circumstances are not grounds for a modification against you, we encourage you to contact our Orlando attorney today. Our lawyer works with clients in child custody, visitation, scheduled time sharing, child support modification, and contempt cases.

If you have suffered a loss of a job or are in financial trouble, and it is preventing you from making child support or spousal support payments, it is highly recommended that you seek an order modification. Pro-actively seeking modification offers you more control of the situation and will prevent you from being in contempt of your court-ordered payments.

Talk to Our Orlando Attorney Today

If your situation has changed and you are seeking modification, you are responsible for upholding the existing arrangements until the court has given you permission to act in a different manner. Whether you are seeking a modification or looking to dispute a modification request initiated by your former spouse, contacting an attorney quickly can help save you time and money.

To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us online or call (407) 603-3460.

Why Hire Our Orlando
Family Law Attorney?

  • (+) 25+ years of trusted legal service
  • (+) Trial-tested skill to represent you in court if necessary
  • (+) Available to meet with you on weekends
  • (+) Large firm experience at a small firm price
  • (+) Accessible 24/7 by phone to answer your questions

Contact Us Today

Send My Information