Family Law Blog


  • 18-May-2020

    Parents: You May Want to Reconsider Moving Away!

    When people get a divorce, their lives usually change a lot. If you’re getting a divorce, your life will probably look very different five years from now. When marriages die, new relationships are born. Often, a divorce is a springing board for ...
  • 4-May-2020

    Answers About Your Stimulus Check & Kids

    Since the coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) pandemic was declared a national emergency by President Donald Trump in mid-March, life as we know it has changed. “Non-essential” businesses were ordered to close their doors. Schools shut down, and ...
  • 23-Mar-2020

    How Can I Prevent COVID-19?

    As of this writing, there is no vaccine to prevent the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), so the best thing for people to do is avoid exposure if at all possible. According to the Florida Department of Health, those who are most susceptible to ...
  • 13-Mar-2020

    How Will COVID-19 Impact Family Law?

    The Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has affected virtually every aspect of American’s lives. From school closures, to gym closures, to closed restaurants, to canceled events, to people losing their jobs, to people being ordered to work from ...
  • 17-Feb-2020

    Can Gift Giving Be a Form of Parental Alienation?

    Many might say that it’s natural for divorcing spouses to despise each other. They may even argue that it’s normal and socially acceptable for them to speak poorly about each other, especially when such couples have dealt with adultery, ...
  • 3-Feb-2020

    How Child Support Can Impact Your New Marriage

    In all 50 states, both parents are legally obligated to support their children, whether they are married, never married, or divorced. If you are the noncustodial parent and you have been ordered to pay child support, it’s important to ...
  • 20-Jan-2020

    Passport Denials for Past-Due Child Support

    Sometimes it can be difficult for noncustodial parents to keep up with their child support payments, especially if they lose their job or they have to go on workers’ compensation. Regardless of a noncustodial parent’s financial ...
  • 6-Jan-2020

    How to Behave on Social Media During Divorce

    If you’re like the vast majority of Americans, you have at least one, if not multiple social media accounts. While most people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s have a Facebook and Instagram account at the very least, Facebook is still the most widely ...
  • 23-Dec-2019

    Does Child Support Come Out of Unemployment in Florida?

    Just about everyone loses a job at some point in time. For some people, it happens more than once in their lifetime and that’s fairly “normal.” When you lose your job, it can be scary, especially if you have children to support. If ...
  • 9-Dec-2019

    Does Cheating Impact Alimony in Florida?

    Adultery is often cited as one of the leading causes of divorce so if your marriage has fallen apart because someone cheated, you have plenty of company. As you head down the road toward divorce, it’s only natural for you to wonder, “Does ...
  • 20-Nov-2019

    My Ex Won't Let Me See My Kids: Can I Stop Paying Child Support?

    When it comes to divorce, it is not uncommon for emotions to affect co-parenting relationships. One spouse may be bitter because their ex was emotionally abusive, manipulating, or controlling. A spouse may be hurt because their husband or wife was ...
  • 6-Nov-2019

    Tips for Child Custody During the Holidays

    Now that the holidays are quickly approaching, it’s time to start thinking about Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Christmas. While the holidays can be such a joyous time of year that brings feelings of warmth and love, they can be stressful for ...
  • 22-Oct-2019

    Divorce: Will I Have to Split My Inheritance?

    If you’re contemplating divorce and you anticipate an inheritance in the near future, you may be curious to know if you’ll be expected to split that inheritance with your soon-to-be-ex. “Is an inheritance considered marital ...
  • 8-Oct-2019

    Do I Have to Pay Child Support if I Lose My Job?

    Child support orders are typically issued in divorce and paternity cases. Even though child support orders are made every day, a lot of parents have misunderstandings about their state’s child support laws and Florida parents are no exception. ...
  • 25-Sep-2019

    Are Gifts Subject to Division in Divorce?

    If you are getting a divorce in Florida, you may be wondering if gifts are considered marital property or separate property, especially if one of you received a valuable gift during the marriage or you expect such a gift in the future. In the United ...
  • 11-Sep-2019

    Successful Co-Parenting & Divorce

    It’s no secret that divorce is emotionally difficult, sometimes extremely so. You may have been fantasizing about the divorce for a long time, but when it’s actually happening, you can feel like your whole world has been turned ...
  • 19-Aug-2019

    Can an Older Child Choose Which Parent to Live With in Florida?

    There is no doubt that one of the most difficult aspects of a divorce or breakup between unmarried parents is child custody. Even if the divorce is amicable, years down the road circumstances can change and one of the parents may ask a family law ...
  • 6-Aug-2019

    License Suspensions for Past-Due Child Support in Orlando

    If you’re new to the child support process, it’s critical that you understand that all states are very aggressive about enforcing child support orders. While the balance threshold varies from state-to-state, the failure to pay child ...
  • 30-Jul-2019

    What Is Civil Contempt of Court?

    To be in contempt of court is to knowingly disobey a judge’s order, mandate, or decree. This can be done in overt ways, such as an ex-partner refusing to pay or acknowledge child support. It can also be done in more subtle ways, such as ...
  • 9-Jul-2019

    How To Establish Paternity in Florida

    A child born to parents that are unwed doesn’t automatically have a legal father. To legally establish paternity, the biological father must acknowledge his child either in writing or through an affidavit of parentage. Acknowledgment of ...
  • 25-Jun-2019

    Can I See My Child if I Move Out of State?

    It’s not unusual for unmarried or divorced parents to live in separate states. While it does make co-parenting more challenging, it can still be done. Even if a parent moves out of state, they still have custody of their child and all the ...
  • 12-Jun-2019

    How Can Alimony Affect My Standard of Living After Divorce?

    A divorcing couple must consider many factors when ending a marriage. One important factor is the standard of living each spouse has grown accustomed to during the marriage. Standard of living includes the amount of money a person spends each month, ...
  • 21-May-2019

    Parental Alienation & What You Can Do About It

    In simple terms, “ parental alienation ” is where a parent turns his or her children against the other parent. Parental alienation isn’t something to take casually; it can have long-term and permanent effects that end up destroying ...
  • 7-May-2019

    What Rights Does an Unwed Father Have?

    When a child is born to married parents, the law automatically assumes the woman’s husband is the child’s biological and legal father. But when a child is born to unmarried parents, paternity must be established before the family court ...
  • 26-Apr-2019

    Disestablishment of Paternity

    Florida Paternity Laws and Fatherly Obligations There are certain unfortunate circumstances that effect paternity of children and how a father handles a divorce or separation from a mother. If you have reason to believe that you are not the father of ...

Why Hire Our Orlando
Family Law Attorney?

  • (+) 25+ years of trusted legal service
  • (+) Trial-tested skill to represent you in court if necessary
  • (+) Available to meet with you on weekends
  • (+) Large firm experience at a small firm price
  • (+) Accessible 24/7 by phone to answer your questions

Contact Us Today

Send My Information